19 lip 2010

Miles Aldridge Q&A from telegraph.co.uk

Miles Aldridge

Miles Aldridge is one of the UK’s most successful photographers and recently shot the Lavazza 2010 ad campaign. His monograph Pictures for Photographs, which includes both his fashion photography and preliminary sketches, was published by Steidl. He has also photographed for Shelter’s recent ‘House of Cards’ campaign.

What's the greatest picture you didn't take?

My work is about ideas not actual moments that I catch or miss so in that way there are no pictures I have never taken...I plan to shoot all my ideas.

Which photographer would you most like to (a) work with and (b) talent spot.

I am not interested in working with or talent spotting another photographer great or small.

What keeps you awake at night?

Nothing.

If you hadn't have become a photographer what would you have like to have been?

A painter.

Do you have a life philosophy?

No.

How do you germinate ideas for your work?

By drawing.

You in three words.

Colourful, sunny, dark.

What advice would you give to your 16-year-old self?

"Don't listen to advice"

Interview by Diane Smyth/BJP

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz